Translate

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sweater Weather

It is a truth universally recognized that a young woman in possession of a good sweater collection must be in want of a chai tea latte.

Okay, so here's the deal, I am one of those girls who gets really excited about the fall. And here's why:


  1. The temperature. Seriously, there is nothing more exciting the first day that you can walk outside without being burned alive by the dutch oven God has set up over the entire midwest. 
  2. Music. Okay, yes, technically you can listen to any music you want whenever you want. Sometimes I listen to "Baby It's Cold Outside" in the middle of August. But that having been said, I associate music and seasons really closely, and so I spend most of the summer listening to 90s pop songs and country music. Which I enjoy, don't get me wrong. But I just love the acoustic, heartbroken, "I'm so misunderstood," bands I really get into listening to in the autumn. 
  3. The colors. Autumn is awesome because it's so fast visually. One day, it's all green, and then boom! it's all yellow and orange and red! And then right away, all the leaves fall down turn brown and the world has died. It's awesome. 
  4. Tights. I fucking love tights. I have an awesome and extensive tight collection. And for the last four months, they've just been hanging out in my sock drawer because it's way too hot to even be wearing clothes, let alone wearing layers and layers of clothes. 
  5. Fall fashion in general. Boots? Tights? Sweaters? SWEATERS. Especially because, over the summer, I usually buy a lot of fall clothes, thanks to seasonal sales. (I got some really cute sweaters this summer that I'm super excited about wearing...)
  6. Men's Fashion. Okay, so, I love men. They're super handsome with their existence. But here's the thing: I hate the clothes men wear in the summer. I hate lame, oversized, graphic tees, and I hate shorts that show off their knobby knees. I like sweaters and button down shirts and cardigans and jackets and suits and the way men's jeans fit them. And am I sad that they'll be putting their shirts back on? Of course. But it's worth the sacrifice. (Now, as for you guys who insist on wearing shorts all year long? That's fine. Wear what you want. But don't talk to me.) (Just kidding.) (But seriously.)
  7. Hot beverages. During the summer, I drink loads of iced tea. Iced tea is delicious. But do you know what I *really* like? HOT TEA. Hot tea, chai tea lattes, hot chocolate.
  8. Keeping my face. Seriously, during the summer, I spend all this time getting ready in the morning, only to sweat off all my make up, frizz out my hair, and plaster my skirt to my thighs on the way to my car. It's bullshit. In the fall, I get to look on point 24/7, bitches.
  9. Fall TV. Yes, the summer has Pretty Little Liars and Rookie Blue and Teen Wolf and ABC Family is always trying out some new show. And, yes, I'm going to miss all those shows for the next 3-6-9 months or whatever. But, you know what the fall has? Castle and Revenge and Once Upon a Time and The Mindy Project. 
  10. Costumes. The fall has Halloween and Halloween means costumes and costumes mean fun. It's just, like, extra fun fashion. 
  11. Holidays. Halloween is funny, and Thanksgiving is family, and so autumn holds its own on the holiday front, if you ask me. Plus, a lot of men do "No Shave November" which means more beards. I just like boys with beards, yo.
  12. Optimism. I told you in my very first blog post: I am always excited about new things. And, yes, maybe I wasn't so optimistic about the start of the school year, but I am feeling very optimistic about the new season. So there's that. 
P.S. I really wasn't joking about the new sweaters. Check this one out: 


...I'm really excited for my new sweaters to make their debuts on my totally fictitious fashion blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment