Translate

Friday, July 11, 2014

My List

So, if you follow my twitter you may already know that recently, I read, my friend/former youth minster, Ethan Bryan's new book Catch and Release: Faith, Freedom, and Knuckleballs. (If you want, you can read my shelfari review of it here.)

A lot of things stuck with me from the book. For instance, and this is where this blogpost is coming from, Ethan brings up a philosophy practiced by his friend, Ryan Eller. Ryan, according to Ethan, is "a professional dreamer," and as such, he always encourages people to "Live Your List." The idea is that you write a list of everything that you want to do in your life (a bucket list, if you will) and then you just try to live that list. That way, you don't wind up sitting around wishing you had gone to that Little Mix concert or tried horse back riding or whatever.

I'm all about lists. I love making lists. Every year, on Christmas Eve, I make a list of things I want to do during the following year. If I didn't do that, I probably would have never gone to a dance club. Don't get me wrong, I did not enjoy going to that dance club. But, now at least I've been to one.

So, I'm going to do it. I'm going to write a list of stupid, ridiculous things I want to do during my lifetime, and I'm starting it here:

  1. Go to Leakycon
  2. Take improv classes
  3. Make a perfect batch of chocolate chip cookies
  4. Meet an online friend in the real world
  5. Visit Renee in Australia
  6. Go on a trip where I live out of a backpack (that's called backpacking, isn't it?)
  7. Get a massage from a professional masseuse
  8. Be part of a couple's costume on Halloween
  9. Get paid to do Stand Up Comedy
  10. Meet Mindy Kaling
  11. Create something that goes viral
  12. Use the line, "I'm a good cook, you eat food, so you should come over for dinner" on someone (I don't know, I just like it.)
  13. Buy some stupid expensive makeup product
  14. Have that moment when I walk in a room and everyone turns to look at me like /hot damn/
  15. Make a dress
  16. Meet Hayley G Hoover
  17. Swim with dolphins
  18. Profit off of something that I wrote
  19. Go to Vidcon
  20. Watch SNL preformed live from the actual living audience
  21. Fix up a house
  22. Learn to code in HTML
  23. Learn to code in JAVA
  24. Get hella good at cake decorating
  25. Take a dance class
  26. Do some sort of stupid/grotesque restaurant food challenge
  27. Attend some sort of rally/political demonstration with a good and worthy cause
  28. Volunteer at a suicide prevention hotline
  29. Be a regular somewhere--where one of the workers goes, "Hey, Kat! Your usual?" And I go, "Yeah, thanks Alex!" or whatever their name is. 
  30. Raise $1000+ for the Trevor Project
  31. See a play on Broadway
  32. Get one of these ridiculous knight hoodies
  33. Spend a couple of days going to all of the places Rainbow Rowell mentions in her novels
  34. Read all of my unread books
  35. Write for a hit TV show
  36. Make one of those 10000 desserts put together pinterest desserts
  37. Learn how to do a french braid (idk why is it so hard?)
  38. Apply liquid eyeliner like a BAMF
  39. Have one of those stupid long make-out secessions with a dude
  40. Watch When Harry Met Sally all the way through and in order
  41. Get one of those MASSIVE dogs
  42. Ride an elephant
  43. Acquire filming lights (for videos)
  44. Acquire a decent HD camera (for videos)
  45. Acquire a sound system (for videos)
  46. Acquire better editing software (for videos)
  47. Hug Lee Pace
  48. Learn to surf.
  49. Go kayaking. Or canoeing. Is there a difference?
  50. Find out if there's a difference between kayaking and canoeing
  51. Listen to Welcome To Nightvale
  52. Write a children's mystery series 
  53. Watch all the Wes Anderson films 
  54. Build a clubhouse 
  55. Do karaoke
  56. See Sarah Kay perform
  57. Start rollerskating. Or rollerblading. Whichever. 
  58. Write my name in cement
  59. Go on a vacation with my best friend
  60. Bunnies
I'm sure there's more to come. But that's what I've got for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment