Translate

Friday, August 23, 2013

Magenta Hair and Apologies

So, a couple of days ago I stated, "Personally, I like to begin everything except menstruation with great optimism." Then I went on to explain how not-optimistic I was about the beginning of the semester. But, actually, we can probably chalk that up to menstruation.

What I mean is just: I had a surprisingly good second day of school. It had a lot of the missing elements from my first day. I had two upper level English classes, which are entirely comprised of people who I have been in classes with for the past four years, and one class with Kelly Bean! (Character introduction here, Kelly Bean was one of my roommates last year, and she's the absolute sweetest person.) While running errands around campus, I happened upon another friend. Then in the evening I spent some quality time hanging out with Molly. (Character introduction here, I met Molly about fourt months ago through one of my best friends and she is just wonderful.)

Side note: My friend Molly dyed my hair last night. It was a lot of fun, and check out these magenta braids!


Woah! THAT is one good face. (jkbutsrsly)

Today, I had yet another upper level English classed filled with a small group of people with whom I have attended classes the past four years. And then, best of the best, I ran into Jacob. (Character introduction: Jacob is one of my best friends. He's tall and skinny and will complain a lot if you let him. I always let him because when people complain to me, I feel slightly less petty. He also writes and sings really well.) Okay, okay, I didn't "run into" Jacob. I literally walked through the theater lobby, like, eight times in the past three days hoping to "run" into him. Whatever works you know? 

So the past couple of days I got to be pretty socially, which has been good for, like, my soul or something. ANYWAY, that brings me to the really important part of this blog post:

An Apology
  1. I realize that, if you are reading this blog post, you probably also watch my video blog. And I really, really appreciate that! Because spend a lot of time making those videos, and the intent is for people to watch them. You know, if they want to. Which means: I realize that Renee is not the only person who watches my vlog. 
  2. Thank you for watching my vlog! I LOVE YOU GUYS. 
  3. There have some boys in the past who liked me. Hypothetically. Actually, I've never had real, solid evidence on this one, but I guess there may have been some boys who at some point in time might have kind of liked me. If that is the case, if you are a guy who liked me, I am so sorry for discounting your feelings//implying you weren't a boy. 
  4. No one actually accused me of that one. 
  5. I don't really know how to do this blog-thing yet, but I'm gonna work it out. And once I do, it's gonna be awesome. 
  6. Wait! That wasn't part of the apology. No, it kind of fits? I don't know, maybe I'm sorry about adding that one to this apology and maybe I'm not. 
  7. I'm sorry I keep using menstrual derivitives. It's not, like, a theme of the blog or anything. I just have a uterus and well, if my calculations are correct, I've menstruated approximately 110 times--woah! HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF THAT? That's weird. That's a ton of blood to lose. 
  8. I'm definitely off-track now, and I'm sorry about that.

Well. That blog post was all over the place. Oh well. I'll do better next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment