Translate

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Room Cleaning

So, for... a really long time... I've been in the process of cleaning my room. During the semester, I get super busy with class, commuting, work study, and homework. Then, during my breaks, I often get in a do-absolutely-nothing slump. So, my room gets... well, disgusting to be frank. So what's been happening is that, during the weekends, in between homework, video-making, blogging, and, let's be honest, napping/watching cop shows featuring handsome men, I tidy up bits of my room. But I never get it CLEAN clean, and then throughout the school week, it gets TORN UP again. It's madness.

Now, I've also been dealing with a lot of anxiety as of late. So, I sat down and thought about what steps I could take to improve my emotional health. One thing that occurred to me is that, when my room is a mess, I don't feel comfortable there. So, I don't really have any sort of refuge.

SO: this weekend, I was determined to do a deep/spring clean. I tweeted about it a couple times and then, finally, tweeted out that I had finished cleaning my room. Renee promptly replied my favorite sort of reply ever: PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

So, Renee, this is for you.

Cleaning my room, I found lots of cool stuff. Like, this blinging costume jewelry. Also, I found this page of a notebook where I've written, "Things that make me happy" and then... didn't add anything to that list.


I started cleaning my room on Friday early evening. By about 11:00, I'd created a proper mess... as can happen in the process of cleaning. You know, as you empty out drawers and rearrange the closet. Anyway, I reached the "super exhausted" stage of cleaning just as I reached the "small mess is officially a massive mess" stage of cleaning. So, my bed looked like this:


So, that was frustrating. And most of that just ended up back on the floor in order for me to sleep immediately

Saturday morning, I got up early to get back to cleaning. But at 11:30 A.M. I had plans with a friend, so when I got back at around 5:00, there was still a lot that I needed to do in my room. Cleaning my room, and covering my bed in crap, inspired a lot of curiosity in my cat. So, here's a cute picture of her sniffing my boots:


Anyway, we should get to the pictures of actually finishing my room cleaning, as that's the bit that Renee questioned my success of... So, just.... look, okay? It looks really nice and I'm excited about it.








Ah, lovely, right? Right. Beautiful. Wonderful. Clean. Hahaha. Told you, Renee. 

"This was a pointless blog post," You say.
I place my face in my palms and sob, "DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE."




No comments:

Post a Comment